11.15.2004

secret desires

so here is my list of things that i have always wished and my dreams for the future. by wishes, i mean things that i have always desired to be true about me and by dreams i mean things i want to do but will probably never do...

i have always wanted:
-to be skinny and cute
-to be a deep thought-provoking author
-to be a talented artist (drawing and painting)
-to be witty
-to be philosophical
-have at least a little singing talent


in the future i want to:
-live outside of the united states again
-learn how to fly an airplane
-go to moscow
-learn to speak italian and spanish
-live on a sailboat on the ocean
-(some may say the visiting italy could go on this list but that is something that i will definetely do)

i dont know why i felt the need to post this but i did.

2 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats cool.. it made me want to make a list on my site. i miss you rachel! love - lydia

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Maria Reynolds Weir said...

You have written my list of wishes. It's good to find that we have so much in our hearts that is in common. Hey,

I read your post on Christianity. May I suggest the book that JD Salinger writes about in Catcher in the Rye, The Way of the Pilgrim. Perhaps you are right, you don't get to label yourself a Christian. I'm not much for predestination, but doesn't it say in John, "You have not chosen me, I have chosen you." What makes you a Christian is the passionate hunt of God for your heart and soul. If you only listen, you will hear Him say, "You are my child." Your actions, your discipline of response is only to quiet your spirit so you hear what He has said since before you were born- "Today I have called you my son." (or daughter). What you do doesn't make you a Christian, it lets you hear God call you that. I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


I'm Afghanistan!
In the words of Bob Dylan, you "haven't known peace and quiet in so long [you] don't remember what it's like!"  Sad but true.  Boss after boss has led you around, using you for their nefarious purposes, and dumping you when the time was right.  You've hurt and been hurt and now you're just sick and tired.  When will people leave you alone and let you do your own thing?  But you don't really even know what you want anymore.
Take the Country Quiz at the Blue Pyramid