10.08.2004

my guide to the movies

so i feel the need to share my opinions on the best movies of the year. first i must say Garden State with Zach Braff. it is delightfully cheering. i really thought that it was going to end sad and i would be depressed but it was wonderful.

next, Ladder 49. I laughed and I cried a lot. It is one of those movies that acutally allows you revel in the moment. too many movies have sad moments but they fly to the next thing and you dont have the chance to mourn. this movie does. it is so good.

finally, if you want to laugh your butt off, i suggest Taxi. i mean there have been better comedies but not recently. i laughed so hard...queen latifah and jimmy fallon are a good team.

5 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Garden State is a GREAT movie! I completely agree. But I've got to add Shaun of the Dead to this list. FABULOUS!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Garden State is a GREAT movie! I completely agree. But I've got to add Shaun of the Dead to this list. FABULOUS!

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger totogirl said...

is shaun of the dead that good? i was a little scared to try it...although who can beat a tagline like "a romantic comedy...with zombies"?

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Shaun of the Dead IS THAT GOOD!!! remember me? the great movie chicken? I loved it! now, i will admit I jumped twice and screamed once, and Paul laughed at me because it is a romantic comedy, but remember, there are zombies! i highly recomend it. I want to own it

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garden State, which I frequently refer to as "Jersey sate...no..no.. I mean Garden Jersey. F it" Was excellenct. Minus the drug use and the nasty hotel scene. That movies was brilliant, you were sad and somber one moment, and laughing so hard the next. I was having a rough day, and driving down a lonley road, and getting very sleepy. I woke up the man and told him that we needed to scream into alberts abyss, the darkness of the valley next to us. It was one of the coolest things I've ever done. Tax i is good? I think "Martin short" when i see the previews. love abigail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


I'm Afghanistan!
In the words of Bob Dylan, you "haven't known peace and quiet in so long [you] don't remember what it's like!"  Sad but true.  Boss after boss has led you around, using you for their nefarious purposes, and dumping you when the time was right.  You've hurt and been hurt and now you're just sick and tired.  When will people leave you alone and let you do your own thing?  But you don't really even know what you want anymore.
Take the Country Quiz at the Blue Pyramid