9.19.2004

overwhelmed

So I have started the fun times of driving too and from my job. That means at 1 hour and 15 min each way. It has not been that bad so far. I was driving home tonight and it was awesome. I was listening to music andf just turned it off and I started singing Jesus Loves Me. It touched me in a way that I have net felt in a very long time. I feel like I am miles away from God. I want so much to be close to him but I think that I have forgotten how. I miss Bible study and being accounable to people. I dont know how...

I guess that is part of why this move is at all exciting to me. We get to find a new church, one where we can do Bible study and worship and get involved and be at home. I pray that there is one here that we can love and be a part of.


1 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Blogger *sara* said...

I know what you mean about really getting to spend time with God. I spent a lot of time with God during my trips back and forth all summer. The good news for you (and I am so jealous) is that you will get to pick a church that will meet your needs, rather than being chosen to meet the needs of the church. I am really struggling with not having a place that feels like home. to the point that i tried to convince scott that we could find jobs in champaign. but i am going to try and get through this-i was told the 1st year is the hardest...so yeah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


I'm Afghanistan!
In the words of Bob Dylan, you "haven't known peace and quiet in so long [you] don't remember what it's like!"  Sad but true.  Boss after boss has led you around, using you for their nefarious purposes, and dumping you when the time was right.  You've hurt and been hurt and now you're just sick and tired.  When will people leave you alone and let you do your own thing?  But you don't really even know what you want anymore.
Take the Country Quiz at the Blue Pyramid