9.14.2004

welcome to me

so i have never really got into the blog sort of thing before. i am kind of excited seeing as i can keep up on my girls and let them know what is going on with me and what is happening in their lives. it is a good time too. i just moved and there will be tons of things to write about.
it is kind of scary here. i went to the post office alone this morning. i was so much more overwhelmed than i thought i would be. everything is so different here and way more spread out than kankakee. i dont much like having to use a phone book and map to find anything. i never realized how much my apartment could be home though. it feels like such a refuge. it is the only place that is comfortable to me. in kankakee, there are so many places that are home that most are no more special than the rest. here the only place i feel safe is inside these walls, surrounded by my books and pictures and the things that people have given me over the years.
i am rambling though. i will make another entry later. i am curious to see what this one looks like once i am done.

6 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Blogger *sara* said...

good job so far. :) I feel your pain. seriously. At least we have smallville.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger erika said...

It'll be okay, Rach. Everything works out in the end.
Indy, may be awhile...at least for me.
I can do Oct. 8, 22, and 29. Unfortunately it has to be a Friday night.
Love you.
It's wonderful to see you blogging!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger moluv said...

Hey totogirl, I just found your blog. Just wanted to wish you luck in your new location. I've lived in the same place all my life, so I can't say I know how it feels to live somewhere new, but I'm sure you'll do fine.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger *sara* said...

I see you figured out links. I do not know about anonymous comments. I'll see what I can learn :)

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Don't worry, you will get more comfortable! I felt the same way when I first moved to Michigan. Now I have a lot of places here that feel like home.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger *sara* said...

as far as hang out dates go (going by what erika has given) I am saying the 29th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


I'm Afghanistan!
In the words of Bob Dylan, you "haven't known peace and quiet in so long [you] don't remember what it's like!"  Sad but true.  Boss after boss has led you around, using you for their nefarious purposes, and dumping you when the time was right.  You've hurt and been hurt and now you're just sick and tired.  When will people leave you alone and let you do your own thing?  But you don't really even know what you want anymore.
Take the Country Quiz at the Blue Pyramid