9.22.2004

new job

so my parents are coming tomorrow for a couple days. i need to come up with things to do to entertain them. i am not sure...we can go shopping and stuff because we have cool stores here but i am not sure what else that we can do. i am excited though. i have never got to be host for my parents before. it will be fun being suzy homemaker, although my mom is like the ultimate hostess. she is awesome.

i had an interview today at Cunningham Childrens home. i am very excited. they work with dcfs kids that have not been able to make it in foster homes. this population is why i got my degree in psychology. for those who know me this is great...he started the interview with tellling me about how sometimes they have to physically restrain the kids. it was awesome because i am sitting there thinking oh my god can i handle this? i think that i can though and it will be challenging and fun. my life has grown a little stagnant because i am not challenged enough and i think that this is just the thing.

so does anybody know of any good books that i could read?

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger erika said...

Go Rachel!
You are totally Suzy Homemaker, your parents will love your house.
How did the interview go, you think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


I'm Afghanistan!
In the words of Bob Dylan, you "haven't known peace and quiet in so long [you] don't remember what it's like!"  Sad but true.  Boss after boss has led you around, using you for their nefarious purposes, and dumping you when the time was right.  You've hurt and been hurt and now you're just sick and tired.  When will people leave you alone and let you do your own thing?  But you don't really even know what you want anymore.
Take the Country Quiz at the Blue Pyramid