10.01.2004

my funniest moment

so in an effort to show everyone that i really am not depressed and that i have no self esteem. i will tell a story....

i dont remember the date exactly but it was in college and it was the weekend of omega retreat, the year i was a leader. we were all meeting at ludwig to head out the campgrounds. i think that i was supposed to bring something like chips or pop or something. anyway, i stopped at kroger. i was already like 10 minutes late (which for those who know me that is a bog deal). i run through kroger and get what i need, climb in the car and put on my sunglasses. i take the route to ludwig where you go by burke.
i notice as i am sitting at the light all these people are checking me out as they drive by, the guy in car next to me cant keep his eyes off me. now mind you i am driving my ultra cool '92 ford tempo. i am thinking i must be all that and a bag of chips. i am feeling so good and so hot. i have got it going on.
i pull away from the light and realize that the light in the car seems odd. i reach up and pull my sunglasses off my face. and ....oh my God....i was missing one lens on sunglasses. needless to say my head at deflated by the time that i reached ludwig

4 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger erika said...

cute...you're so cute....and a bag of chips too.

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sister...

that story makes me smile everytime... even in reading it, because i can remember the animatation you put into it when you tell it and it just brings a smile to my face.
and in regard to your last post... i want you to know i can completely identify. i watch our family at the dinner table, around the living room, or even reading their blogs... i feel deflated in never being able to accomplish what they have acheived. anyways, you too are amoung them that i look up to greatly. ::hug::

-lydia-

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My silly husband uses that story whenever he is trying to describe to his friends what it is like at a Reynolds family Sunday lunch. "cause the first time you ever told it to him you were laughing so hard while trying to tell it, that you had the whole table in stitches, and Brandon was just egging us on and on an on. Do you remember that? I think we were all sore that day. I miss your laugh, it was infecteous. *Abigail*

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Rachel-that story made me feel sooo good! I am glad I am not the only one who does things like that! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


I'm Afghanistan!
In the words of Bob Dylan, you "haven't known peace and quiet in so long [you] don't remember what it's like!"  Sad but true.  Boss after boss has led you around, using you for their nefarious purposes, and dumping you when the time was right.  You've hurt and been hurt and now you're just sick and tired.  When will people leave you alone and let you do your own thing?  But you don't really even know what you want anymore.
Take the Country Quiz at the Blue Pyramid