10.12.2004

my suicide note

disclaimer--i am not thinking of suicide. i am quite happy and content. i was just listening to this song on the way home and i had this thought.....

if i were going to commit suicide this would be my note:

There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft and there words inviting
There was a time when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was inviting
There was time then it all went wrong
I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
Then I was young and unafraid.
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung
No wine untasted
But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
As they turn your dream to shame
He slept a summer by my sie
He filled my days with endless wonder
He took my childhood in his stride
But he was gone when autumm came
And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that can not be
And there are storms we can not weather...
I had dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed...
The dream I dreamed.
Fontine from Les Miserables

6 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a pretty song, depressing, but do me a favor and don't say bad words like suicide. But it's a pretty song
abby

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger iratesavant said...

If you were going to commit suicide you should at least write something yourself.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Sara said...

This is one of my favorite songs in this opera.

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that song makes me want to cry.

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh... and that anonymous was me... lydia.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger erika said...

So, I was reading the post with Leah, and of course, she started singing...which then made me want to commit suicide (because Leah, when she's not actually trying to sing, sings off key on purpose).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


I'm Afghanistan!
In the words of Bob Dylan, you "haven't known peace and quiet in so long [you] don't remember what it's like!"  Sad but true.  Boss after boss has led you around, using you for their nefarious purposes, and dumping you when the time was right.  You've hurt and been hurt and now you're just sick and tired.  When will people leave you alone and let you do your own thing?  But you don't really even know what you want anymore.
Take the Country Quiz at the Blue Pyramid